Want to adapt books like this? Learn more about how Pressbooks supports open practices.
Book Contents Navigation
Photocredit & Copyright
Fair Use Today
About the Contributors
1. Understanding Fair Use Through Concept Mapping
Leslie Worrell Christianson & Amanda Avery
2. Copyright, Fair Use, and Art Making
Lijuan Xu and Nestor Gil
3. Radical Appropriation in Zine Making
4. Zines, Appropriation, and the Art Library as Studio Space
5. Copyright and Fair Use for Graduating Studio Art Majors
6. Economics, Morality, and Artistic Rights
7. You Be the Judge: Teaching Students Fair Use by Making Their Own Rulings
8. Copyright and Fair Use Instruction for Art and Design Students: A Visual Approach
9. Illustrating a Technical Manual: Copyright and Fair Use in a Real World Professional Context
10. Canadian Copyright and Fair Dealing in Relation to Architectural Images and Models in the Academic Setting
11. Tracking Transformative Use in Your Writing About Art
12. Intellectual Property for Visual Resources: A Student Centered Case Study Approach
Appendix 1: Understanding Fair Use Through Concept Mapping
Appendix 2: Copyright, Fair Use, and Art Making
Appendix 3: Zines, appropriation, and the art library as studio space
Appendix 4: Copyright and Fair Use for Graduating Studio Art Majors
Appendix 5: Economics, Morality, and Artistic Rights
Appendix 6: Copyright and Fair Use Instruction for Art and Design Students
Appendix 7: Illustrating a Technical Manual
Appendix 8: Canadian Copyright and Fair Dealing in Relation to Architectural Images and Models in the Academic Setting
Appendix 9: Tracking Transformative Use in Your Writing About Art
Appendix 10: Intellectual Property for Visual Resources
Please feel free to reproduce this work in its entirety. For excerpts, please employ fair use.
Cover image by Thomas Hawk, made available under a Creative Commons-Attribution-Non-Commercial license.
Fair Use in the Visual Arts: Lesson Plans for Librarians Copyright © 2018 by Alexander Watkins; Bridget Madden; Alexandra Provo; Danielle Reay; and Anna Simon. All Rights Reserved.